Training » RYA Sailing Level 2 Course
Dinghy Sailing Courses
Our aim is to offer a complete Learn to Sail experience starting with the RYA National Sailing Scheme Levels 1 & 2, leading onto RYA Seamanship, Sailing with Spinnakers and Start Racing courses, if required.
Once you have achieved levels 1 and 2 as a member you can hire one of our dedicated club boats to hone your newly acquired skills.
We have an informal improver group called 'Rookie Racing', operating on Sundays which is suitable for all newcomers who have previously attended level 1 & 2 courses and want to increase their skills and is a great step into club racing. This is the perfect opportunity to meet and make friends with other novice club sailors, share practise, build up confidence with other sailing members getting you to the stage of joining in club racing series on Saturday afternoons all year round and Wednesday evenings in the summer months.
RYA Level 2 Basic Skills
Becoming a competent sailor in light winds introducing more knowledge and mastering those practical skills building on from level 1.
Duration: 2 Days, 9am to 5pm
Pre-Course Experience: Sailing to Level 1 standard
Course Content: rigging, ropework, sailing techniques & manoeuvres, launch & recovery, capsize and recovery, racing.
Course Objectives: Able to sail in any direction safely in light winds without supervision understanding the Five essentials to improve your sailing.
People on course: Max 6, Min 4
Min Age: 14 years
Course Booking Terms & Conditions
- The full course/tuition fee is payable before the course, only then is your place on the course confirmed.
- A minimum of four participants are required for courses to run. Courses not achieving this may be rescheduled.
- In the event of unsuitable weather or unexpected shortage of appropriately qualified instructors, the whole course or affected part of the course may have to be rescheduled. In either event you will be offered an alternative date or a refund.
- On all courses (except Instructor courses and Instructor Endorsements) we require 14 days notice prior to the course start date for a refund. For Instructor courses and Instructor Endorsements we require 2 month notice prior to the course start date for a refund. All refunds need to be requested in writing to the Principal Training Officer.
- In the event that a course participant, through illness or otherwise, misses the start of (or any other part of) the course The Chase Sailing Club are under no obligation to offer completion of the course or any refund or to transfer the booking.
- The Chase Sailing Club will not accept liability for loss of or damage to any participants' personal equipment or personal effects.
- Course participants using their own equipment do so at their own risk and The Chase Sailing Club will accept no liability for damage or loss howsoever caused and must have suitable insurance cover and minimum buoyancy.
- The Chase Sailing Club reserves the right to vary course details, dates and prices without prior notice.
- All course participants must comply with the Instructors guidance and instruction
Last updated 8:32pm on 14 August 2022